Day 23 ~ Three gifts found in Christ
- Unconditional love.
- Amazing grace.
- Fullest life.
Day 24 ~ 3 things blue
- Mary in blue nightgown, pjs. . .
- My blue mood = introspection and much prayer.
- A blue sky. . . finally!
Day 25 ~ One grace borrowed, one grace found, one grace inherited
- Library books.
- An elevator ride with the kids, buttons to push (small thrills).
- Four Lewis kids with Hankins’ blue eyes.
Day 26 ~ One gift before nine am, one gift before noon, one gift after dark
- Ice cream for breakfast.
- Learning and growing together by the fire.
- Kids in pjs with clunky shoes and winter coats.
Day 27 ~ 3 gifts that might never have been
- A pack of colored pens.
- Asking questions in Spanish as we fix dinner.
Day 28 ~ 3 graces found in your friends
- An affirming word of thanks.
- Knowing there she is always praying for me – and that I can honestly share what really needs praying for.
- A warm hug when we meet.
Day 29 ~ A song heard, a soft word, where you saw light
- The Deep, Deep Love of Jesus.
- “I love you.”
- White clouds in the dark, mid-winter night sky.
And a few more:
- The rhythm of folding laundry. . .
- Laundry folding prayers. . .
- Feet cold on the hard floor. . .
- A day that finally really looked like winter – gray and white. . .
- Kids trying to hang on to that last bit of fun in the snow before it is all gone. . .
- Warm, fluffy pancakes and fried ham – comfort food. . .
- My failures – and, wow, they are many. . .
- Those mornings that like to take you out – knocking you down to your knees and making you seek God. . .
- A nice, calm Beatrix Potter break. . .
- Poems memorized in high school, Scriptures memorized through life, songs memorized in the car. . . (all these give solace or joy at just the right times)
- Tired, whiney kids and the many opportunities to teach them gratitude. . .
- Dreary, rainy days and the shelter of a warm, cozy home. . .
- Quiet, dimly-lit alone time. . .
- Jokes while we learn Spanish together. . .
- Teeny cutting fabric for “You’ll see. . .”. . .
- Laughter from the family room. . .
- Hot ginger tea. . .
- Warm fire in the stove. . .
- Birds playing in the warm, mid-winter sunshine. . .